Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Email From Les4GS - Equalities.

Here is the lastest email from Les Bayliss, Candidate for Unite General Secretary.

Dear supporter,

As many of you are aware I have recently been attending meetings in various Unite regions. There are many more such meetings planned across the country over the coming weeks.

At these meetings I have explained in detail the policies I will be proposing when the election for the Unite General Secretary is called later this year.

I have been encouraged by the positive responses I have received at these meetings, from members, officers and staff alike. I am looking forward to listening to the views of many more of our activists and discussing the issues that our union faces. I will also continue to explain and roll out further policies over the next few weeks and months.

Today I want to bring to your attention a leaflet circulated by the Workers Uniting Group, who are supporting my nomination for the position of Unite General Secretary.

The leaflet is available on my website at: www.les4gs.org
It can also be downloaded at: www.workersunitinggroup.org

The leaflet covers my record in supporting the equalities agenda, notably the successful 'Equality Reps Project'. It also sets out my views on other important issues facing Unite.

Please take the time to read the leaflet, pass it on to others and also display it in your workplace.

I look forward to discussing my views and policies on Unite equalities with you at the forthcoming meetings in the regions.

Les Bayliss

No comments:

Post a Comment